NDDC Scholarship Test Past Questions And Answers – Civil Engineering
Updated nddc Scholarship Civil Engineering Test Past Questions and Answer will help you prepare faster and smarter for the nddc Scholarship. Got shortlisted with few days or hours left to prepare? this pack will give you the insight you need to ace the tests and improve your chance of passing the test.
NDDC Scholarship Test Past Questions And Answers – Civil Engineering
Download the NDDC Scholarship Civil Engineering Test Past Questions Practice Pack from this page in PDF format. The NDDC Scholarship test past questions pack makes your preparation easier and much better. Featuring questions from previous assessments as well as solutions to these questions.
About NDDC Nigeria
The Niger Delta Development Commission is a federal government agency established by Nigerian president Olusegun Obasanjo in the year 2000 with the sole mandate of developing the oil-rich Niger Delta region of Nigeria.
About The NDDC Scholarship
- The Niger Delta Development Commission (NDDC) Scholarship is a program initiated by the Nigerian government to provide educational opportunities for students from the Niger Delta region. The Niger Delta region is known for its significant oil and gas reserves, but it has also faced numerous socio-economic challenges. One of the ways the government aims to address these challenges is by offering scholarships to qualified students from the region to pursue higher education overseas.
- The amount for the foreign scholarship shall be based on the prevailing exchange rate of the Naira.Current Application Closing Date is 3rd November, 2023.
- 1.The following documents must be attached to the application:
2.Recent passport photograph
3.Local Government Identification Letter
4.Post Graduate admission letter from a recognized overseas university
Relevant degrees from recognized universities
5.NYSC Discharge/Exemption Certificate
6.Upon successful completion of the application form, a registration number will be automatically assigned.
7.Applicants are advised to print a hard copy of the online-generated acknowledgment for future reference.
8.All shortlisted applicants will be announced and posted on the NDDC website: www.nddc.gov.ng. These shortlisted candidates will subsequently be required to take part in a Computer-Based Test (CBT).
To be eligible for the scholarship, a scholar must hail from the Niger Delta Region and have achieved a First Class Degree, Second Class Upper, or Lower Division.
The Selection Process
- 1. Initial Application: Interested candidates must submit an online application via the Commission’s Website.
2. Preliminary Shortlisting: Candidates will be shortlisted based on the following criteria:
3. Undergraduate Degree classification (1st Class, Second Class Upper/Lower)
4. Local Government Identification
5. Computer-Based Test: Shortlisted candidates will undergo a computer-based test conducted by our consultants in Rivers State.
6. Minimum Test Score: Candidates must achieve a minimum score of 70% in the test to proceed to the next stage.
7. Further Shortlisting: Candidates who successfully pass the test will be further shortlisted.
8. Final Verification: The final verification of the candidates will be done through the Local Government Area (LGA) and Community Development Committee (CDC).
About the NDDC Scholarship test format
NDDC overseas scholarship test was conducted by Cinfores-Ltd, between 2010 and 2015. Since 2016, the tests are now conducted by MEIL (MARG Educational International Limited).
The test usually comprises of 2 sections –
1. General questions which everyone will have to sit, and
2. Discipline-based questions.
For example, candidates in Engineering and Science related disciplines could take a mix of science-based questions like maths, English, physics and chemistry for part 1, then discipline-specific questions for part 2. The test usually last between 30 to 60 minutes.
Sample Past Questions And Answers for NDDC Scholarship – Civil Engineering
- Question: What is the primary purpose of a retaining wall?
A To provide shade
B To support a roof
C To prevent soil erosion and slope stability
D To control traffic flow
Answer: C To prevent soil erosion and slope stability
- Question: Which material is most commonly used for the construction of road pavements?
Answer: C Asphalt
- Question: What is the process of compacting soil or aggregate to increase its density and improve its load-bearing capacity?
Answer: C CompactionQuestion: Which type of foundation is typically used for tall buildings to distribute the load evenly over a larger area?
A Shallow foundation
B Pile foundation
C Raft foundation
D Strip foundation
Answer: B Pile foundationQuestion: What is the purpose of a culvert in civil engineering?
A To carry water under a road or railway
B To support a bridge
C To store stormwater
D To measure traffic flow
Answer: A To carry water under a road or railwayQuestion: What is the term for the process of removing contaminants and impurities from water to make it safe for drinking and other uses?
Answer: A Filtration
Question: Which construction material is primarily composed of calcium carbonate and is used in the production of concrete?
Answer: D Limestone
Question: What is the term for a structure built to control the flow of water, often used for irrigation or flood protection?
Answer: A Dam
Question: What does the acronym HVAC stand for in building systems?
A High Voltage Alternating Current
B Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning
C High Volume Air Control
D Hydraulic Valve and Actuator Control
Answer: B Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning
Question: What is the purpose of a geotechnical investigation in civil engineering?
A To design electrical systems
B To analyze traffic flow
C To assess soil and rock conditions for construction
D To determine structural steel specifications
Answer: C To assess soil and rock conditions for construction
Question: Which construction method involves joining prefabricated units to create a structure?
A Reinforced concrete
B Cast-in-place concrete
C Modular construction
D Timber framing
Answer: Modular construction
Question: What is the term for a structural member that supports vertical loads and resists bending?
Answer: B Column
Question: Which civil engineering discipline deals with the design and construction of transportation systems, including roads and highways?
A Geotechnical engineering
B Structural engineering
C Transportation engineering
D Environmental engineering
Answer: C Transportation engineering
Question: What is the primary purpose of a septic tank in wastewater treatment?
A To remove solid waste
B To disinfect water
C To store drinking water
D To control air pollution
Answer: A To remove solid waste
Question: What is the term for a system of pipes and drains used to remove excess water from the soil or pavement?
A Sewer system
B Stormwater management
C Irrigation system
D Septic system
Answer: B Stormwater management
Question: Which type of surveying is used to measure distances, angles, and elevations of land for mapping and construction purposes?
A Geodetic surveying
B Topographic surveying
C Cadastral surveying
D Hydrographic surveying
Answer: B Topographic surveying
Question: What is the term for a structure that carries a road or railway over a valley, river, or other obstacle?
Answer: C Viaduct
Question: Which type of concrete reinforcement consists of steel bars or mesh embedded in concrete to improve its tensile strength?
Answer: C Steel
Question: What is the primary purpose of a traffic signal in transportation engineering?
A To indicate speed limits
B To control pedestrian flow
C To regulate vehicular traffic
D To provide street lighting
Answer: C To regulate vehicular traffic
Question: What is the term for the process of determining the cost of a construction project based on its materials, labor, and overhead expenses?
C Cost estimation
D Quality control
Answer: C Cost estimation