NDDC Scholarship Test Past Questions And Answers-Biochemistry
Updated nddc Scholarship Biochemistry Test Past Questions and Answer will help you prepare faster and smarter for the nddc Scholarship. Got shortlisted with few days or hours left to prepare? this pack will give you the insight you need to ace the tests and improve your chance of passing the test.
NDDC Scholarship Test Past Questions And Answers-Biochemistry
Download the NDDC Scholarship Biochemistry Test Past Questions Practice Pack from this page in PDF format. The NDDC Scholarship test past questions pack makes your preparation easier and much better. Featuring questions from previous assessments as well as solutions to these questions.
About NDDC Nigeria
The Niger Delta Development Commission is a federal government agency established by Nigerian president Olusegun Obasanjo in the year 2000 with the sole mandate of developing the oil-rich Niger Delta region of Nigeria.
About The NDDC Scholarship
- The Niger Delta Development Commission (NDDC) Scholarship is a program initiated by the Nigerian government to provide educational opportunities for students from the Niger Delta region. The Niger Delta region is known for its significant oil and gas reserves, but it has also faced numerous socio-economic challenges. One of the ways the government aims to address these challenges is by offering scholarships to qualified students from the region to pursue higher education overseas.
- The amount for the foreign scholarship shall be based on the prevailing exchange rate of the Naira.Current Application Closing Date is 3rd November, 2023.
- 1.The following documents must be attached to the application:
2.Recent passport photograph
3.Local Government Identification Letter
4.Post Graduate admission letter from a recognized overseas university
Relevant degrees from recognized universities
5.NYSC Discharge/Exemption Certificate
6.Upon successful completion of the application form, a registration number will be automatically assigned.
7.Applicants are advised to print a hard copy of the online-generated acknowledgment for future reference.
8.All shortlisted applicants will be announced and posted on the NDDC website: www.nddc.gov.ng. These shortlisted candidates will subsequently be required to take part in a Computer-Based Test (CBT).
To be eligible for the scholarship, a scholar must hail from the Niger Delta Region and have achieved a First Class Degree, Second Class Upper, or Lower Division.
The Selection Process
- 1. Initial Application: Interested candidates must submit an online application via the Commission’s Website.
2. Preliminary Shortlisting: Candidates will be shortlisted based on the following criteria:
3. Undergraduate Degree classification (1st Class, Second Class Upper/Lower)
4. Local Government Identification
5. Computer-Based Test: Shortlisted candidates will undergo a computer-based test conducted by our consultants in Rivers State.
6. Minimum Test Score: Candidates must achieve a minimum score of 70% in the test to proceed to the next stage.
7. Further Shortlisting: Candidates who successfully pass the test will be further shortlisted.
8. Final Verification: The final verification of the candidates will be done through the Local Government Area (LGA) and Community Development Committee (CDC).
About the NDDC Scholarship test format
NDDC overseas scholarship test was conducted by Cinfores-Ltd, between 2010 and 2015. Since 2016, the tests are now conducted by MEIL (MARG Educational International Limited).
The test usually comprises of 2 sections –
1. General questions which everyone will have to sit, and
2. Discipline-based questions.
For example, candidates in Engineering and Science related disciplines could take a mix of science-based questions like maths, English, physics and chemistry for part 1, then discipline-specific questions for part 2. The test usually last between 30 to 60 minutes.
Sample Past Questions And Answers for NDDC Scholarship – Biochemistry
- Question: Which of the following biomolecules is primarily responsible for energy storage in cells?
B Nucleic acids
Answer: C CarbohydratesQuestion: What is the basic unit of DNA?
A Amino acid
D Fatty acid
Answer: B NucleotideQuestion: Which enzyme is responsible for breaking down carbohydrates into glucose in the digestive system?
D RNA polymerase
Answer: C AmylaseQuestion: What is the process by which cells convert glucose into ATP (adenosine triphosphate) called?
C Oxidative phosphorylation
D Krebs cycle
Answer: A GlycolysisQuestion: Which organelle is responsible for protein synthesis in eukaryotic cells?
C Golgi apparatus
D Endoplasmic reticulum
Answer: B RibosomeQuestion: What is the primary function of hemoglobin in red blood cells?
A Oxygen transport
B Enzyme digestion
C ATP production
D Cell division
Answer: A Oxygen transport
Question: Which of the following is a fat-soluble vitamin?
A Vitamin C
B Vitamin B12
C Vitamin D
D Vitamin K
Answer: C Vitamin D
Question: What is the structure of DNA often described as?
A Single-stranded helix
B Double-stranded helix
C Triple-stranded helix
D Quadruple-stranded helix
Answer: B Double-stranded helix
Question: Which amino acid is known as the “building block of proteins”?
Answer: A Glycine
Question: In cellular respiration, what is the final electron acceptor in the electron transport chain?
B Carbon dioxide
Answer: A Oxygen
Question: What is the enzyme that converts sucrose into glucose and fructose?
Answer: B Sucrase
Question: What is the main function of the Golgi apparatus in the cell?
A Protein synthesis
B Lipid storage
C Protein modification and packaging
D ATP production
Answer: C Protein modification and packaging
Question: Which of the following is an essential mineral for the formation of healthy bones and teeth?
Answer: C Calcium
Question: What is the product of the transcription process in molecular biology?
A mRNA (messenger RNA)
B tRNA (transfer RNA)
C rRNA (ribosomal RNA)
Answer: A mRNA (messenger RNA)
Question: Which type of biomolecule is composed of a chain of amino acids?
D Nucleic acid
Answer: C Protein
Question: What is the primary function of insulin in the human body?
A To raise blood sugar levels
B To lower blood sugar levels
C To regulate blood pressure
D To digest carbohydrates
Answer: B To lower blood sugar levels
Question: Which of the following is an example of a nitrogenous base found in DNA?
Answer: D Thymine
Question: What is the process by which a gene’s DNA sequence is copied into RNA called?
Answer: C Transcription
Question: Which of the following is a function of the liver in metabolism?
A Synthesis of insulin
B Detoxification of drugs and toxins
C Production of red blood cells
D Regulation of heart rate
Answer: B Detoxification of drugs and toxins
Question: What is the name of the enzyme that breaks down starch into maltose in the digestive system?
Answer: B Amylase