NDDC Scholarship Past Questions And Answers for Medical Science
Updated nddc Scholarship Medical Science Test Past Questions and Answer will help you prepare faster and smarter for the nddc Scholarship. Got shortlisted with few days or hours left to prepare? this pack will give you the insight you need to ace the tests and improve your chance of passing the test.
NDDC Scholarship Past Questions And Answers for Medical Science
Download the NDDC Scholarship Medical Science Test Past Questions Practice Pack from this page in PDF format. The NDDC Scholarship test past questions pack makes your preparation easier and much better. Featuring questions from previous assessments as well as solutions to these questions.
About NDDC Nigeria
The Niger Delta Development Commission is a federal government agency established by Nigerian president Olusegun Obasanjo in the year 2000 with the sole mandate of developing the oil-rich Niger Delta region of Nigeria.
About The NDDC Scholarship
- The Niger Delta Development Commission (NDDC) Scholarship is a program initiated by the Nigerian government to provide educational opportunities for students from the Niger Delta region. The Niger Delta region is known for its significant oil and gas reserves, but it has also faced numerous socio-economic challenges. One of the ways the government aims to address these challenges is by offering scholarships to qualified students from the region to pursue higher education overseas.
- The amount for the foreign scholarship shall be based on the prevailing exchange rate of the Naira.Current Application Closing Date is 3rd November, 2023.
- 1.The following documents must be attached to the application:
2.Recent passport photograph
3.Local Government Identification Letter
4.Post Graduate admission letter from a recognized overseas university
Relevant degrees from recognized universities
5.NYSC Discharge/Exemption Certificate
6.Upon successful completion of the application form, a registration number will be automatically assigned.
7.Applicants are advised to print a hard copy of the online-generated acknowledgment for future reference.
8.All shortlisted applicants will be announced and posted on the NDDC website: www.nddc.gov.ng. These shortlisted candidates will subsequently be required to take part in a Computer-Based Test (CBT).
To be eligible for the scholarship, a scholar must hail from the Niger Delta Region and have achieved a First Class Degree, Second Class Upper, or Lower Division.
The Selection Process
- 1. Initial Application: Interested candidates must submit an online application via the Commission’s Website.
2. Preliminary Shortlisting: Candidates will be shortlisted based on the following criteria:
3. Undergraduate Degree classification (1st Class, Second Class Upper/Lower)
4. Local Government Identification
5. Computer-Based Test: Shortlisted candidates will undergo a computer-based test conducted by our consultants in Rivers State.
6. Minimum Test Score: Candidates must achieve a minimum score of 70% in the test to proceed to the next stage.
7. Further Shortlisting: Candidates who successfully pass the test will be further shortlisted.
8. Final Verification: The final verification of the candidates will be done through the Local Government Area (LGA) and Community Development Committee (CDC).
About the NDDC Scholarship test format
NDDC overseas scholarship test was conducted by Cinfores-Ltd, between 2010 and 2015. Since 2016, the tests are now conducted by MEIL (MARG Educational International Limited).
The test usually comprises of 2 sections –
1. General questions which everyone will have to sit, and
2. Discipline-based questions.
For example, candidates in Engineering and Science related disciplines could take a mix of science-based questions like maths, English, physics and chemistry for part 1, then discipline-specific questions for part 2. The test usually last between 30 to 60 minutes.
- Sample Past Questions And Answers for NDDC Scholarship – Medical Science
- Question1: Which of the following is not a primary function of the human respiratory system?
A Oxygenating the blood
B Removing carbon dioxide from the body
C Regulating blood sugar levels
D Filtering out airborne particles
Answer: C Regulating blood sugar levels
Question2: What is the largest organ in the human body?
Answer: C Skin
Question3: Which type of blood vessel carries oxygenated blood away from the heart to the body’s tissues?
Answer: A Artery
Question4: What is the name of the body’s master gland that controls hormone production?
A Thyroid gland
B Pituitary gland
C Adrenal gland
Answer: D Pituitary gland
Question5: Which part of the brain is responsible for regulating basic bodily functions such as breathing and heart rate?
C Medulla oblongata
Answer: C Medulla oblongata
Question6: What is the process by which white blood cells engulf and destroy pathogens in the body?
Answer: A Phagocytosis
Question7: Which organ is primarily responsible for filtering waste products from the blood and producing urine?
Answer: C Kidney
Question8: Which of the following is a vector-borne disease transmitted by mosquitoes?
Answer: B Malaria
Question9: What is the term for the abnormal growth and spread of cells in the body?
Answer: C Cancer
Question10: Which of the following is not a viral disease?
Answer: B Tuberculosis
Question11: What is the medical term for high blood pressure?
Answer: C Hypertension
Question12: Which vitamin is essential for the absorption of calcium in the body?
A Vitamin A
B Vitamin C
C Vitamin D
D Vitamin K
Answer: C Vitamin D
Question13: What is the name of the condition characterized by a lack of red blood cells or hemoglobin in the blood?
Answer: A Anemia
Question14: Which of the following is an autoimmune disease that affects the joints?
B Diabetes mellitus
C Rheumatoid arthritis
Answer: C Rheumatoid arthritis
Question15: What is the medical term for the inflammation of the appendix?
Answer: A Appendicitis
Question16: Which hormone is responsible for regulating blood sugar levels in the body?
Answer: A Insulin
Question17: What is the medical term for the surgical removal of the gallbladder?
Answer: B Cholecystectomy
Question18: Which of the following is a viral sexually transmitted infection that can lead to genital warts and various cancers?
C Human papillomavirus (HPV)
Answer: C Human papillomavirus (HPV)
Question19: What is the condition characterized by a sudden, severe headache, weakness on one side of the body, and difficulty speaking?
Answer: B Stroke
Question20: Which type of imaging technique uses magnetic fields and radio waves to create detailed images of the body’s internal structures?
C CT scan (Computed Tomography)
D MRI (Magnetic Resonance Imaging)
Answer: D MRI (Magnetic Resonance Imaging)