NDDC Scholarship Past Questions And Answers for Fishery
Updated nddc Scholarship Fishery Test Past Questions and Answer will help you prepare faster and smarter for the nddc Scholarship. Got shortlisted with few days or hours left to prepare? this pack will give you the insight you need to ace the tests and improve your chance of passing the test.
NDDC Scholarship Past Questions And Answers for Fishery
Download the NDDC Scholarship Fishery Test Past Questions Practice Pack from this page in PDF format. The NDDC Scholarship test past questions pack makes your preparation easier and much better. Featuring questions from previous assessments as well as solutions to these questions.
About NDDC Nigeria
The Niger Delta Development Commission is a federal government agency established by Nigerian president Olusegun Obasanjo in the year 2000 with the sole mandate of developing the oil-rich Niger Delta region of Nigeria.
About The NDDC Scholarship
- The Niger Delta Development Commission (NDDC) Scholarship is a program initiated by the Nigerian government to provide educational opportunities for students from the Niger Delta region. The Niger Delta region is known for its significant oil and gas reserves, but it has also faced numerous socio-economic challenges. One of the ways the government aims to address these challenges is by offering scholarships to qualified students from the region to pursue higher education overseas.
- The amount for the foreign scholarship shall be based on the prevailing exchange rate of the Naira.Current Application Closing Date is 3rd November, 2023.
- 1.The following documents must be attached to the application:
2.Recent passport photograph
3.Local Government Identification Letter
4.Post Graduate admission letter from a recognized overseas university
Relevant degrees from recognized universities
5.NYSC Discharge/Exemption Certificate
6.Upon successful completion of the application form, a registration number will be automatically assigned.
7.Applicants are advised to print a hard copy of the online-generated acknowledgment for future reference.
8.All shortlisted applicants will be announced and posted on the NDDC website: www.nddc.gov.ng. These shortlisted candidates will subsequently be required to take part in a Computer-Based Test (CBT).
To be eligible for the scholarship, a scholar must hail from the Niger Delta Region and have achieved a First Class Degree, Second Class Upper, or Lower Division.
The Selection Process
- 1. Initial Application: Interested candidates must submit an online application via the Commission’s Website.
2. Preliminary Shortlisting: Candidates will be shortlisted based on the following criteria:
3. Undergraduate Degree classification (1st Class, Second Class Upper/Lower)
4. Local Government Identification
5. Computer-Based Test: Shortlisted candidates will undergo a computer-based test conducted by our consultants in Rivers State.
6. Minimum Test Score: Candidates must achieve a minimum score of 70% in the test to proceed to the next stage.
7. Further Shortlisting: Candidates who successfully pass the test will be further shortlisted.
8. Final Verification: The final verification of the candidates will be done through the Local Government Area (LGA) and Community Development Committee (CDC).
About the NDDC Scholarship test format
NDDC overseas scholarship test was conducted by Cinfores-Ltd, between 2010 and 2015. Since 2016, the tests are now conducted by MEIL (MARG Educational International Limited).
The test usually comprises of 2 sections –
1. General questions which everyone will have to sit, and
2. Discipline-based questions.
For example, candidates in Engineering and Science related disciplines could take a mix of science-based questions like maths, English, physics and chemistry for part 1, then discipline-specific questions for part 2. The test usually last between 30 to 60 minutes.
Sample Past Questions And Answers for NDDC Scholarship – Fishery
- Question: What does NDDC stand for?
A National Development and Deployment Commission
B Niger Delta Development Commission
C Nigerian Directorate for Development and Cooperation
D Northern Development and Diversity Council
Answer: B Niger Delta Development Commission
- Question: Which field of study does the NDDC Scholarship cover?
Answer: C Fisheries
- Question: What is the primary objective of the NDDC Scholarship program?
A To promote education in the Niger Delta region
B To support research in fisheries
C To encourage entrepreneurship
D To provide healthcare services
Answer: A To promote education in the Niger Delta regionQuestion: Who is eligible to apply for the NDDC Fisheries Scholarship?
A Only students from the Niger Delta region
B Students from any region in Nigeria
C International students
D Only students with prior work experience
Answer: A Only students from the Niger Delta regionQuestion: How often is the NDDC Fisheries Scholarship typically awarded?
D Once every five years
Answer: A AnnuallyQuestion: What level of education does the NDDC Scholarship support in Fisheries?
A Primary education
B Secondary education
C Undergraduate and Postgraduate education
D Vocational training
Answer: C Undergraduate and Postgraduate educationQuestion: What are the key documents required for the NDDC Scholarship application?
A Birth certificate and driver’s license
B Academic transcripts and identification card
C Passport and voter’s card
D Marriage certificate and bank statement
Answer: B Academic transcripts and identification cardQuestion: How is the NDDC Scholarship application typically submitted?
A By mail
B In person at an NDDC office
C Online through the NDDC website
D Through a third-party agency
Answer: C Online through the NDDC websiteQuestion: What does the NDDC Scholarship cover for Fisheries students?
A Tuition fees only
B Tuition and accommodation fees
C Tuition, accommodation, and stipend
D Travel expenses
Answer: C Tuition, accommodation, and stipendQuestion: How are NDDC Fisheries Scholarship recipients selected?
A Through a random lottery
B Based on academic performance and a screening process
C First-come, first-served basis
D By recommendation from local leaders
Answer: B Based on academic performance and a screening processQuestion: What is the duration of the NDDC Fisheries Scholarship?
A One year
B Two years
C Four years for undergraduate, two years for postgraduate
D It varies depending on the course of study
Answer: D It varies depending on the course of study
Question: What is the NDDC’s role in the Niger Delta region?
A Environmental protection
B Promoting tourism
C Developing infrastructure and social services
D Cultural preservation
Answer: C Developing infrastructure and social services
Question: How can NDDC Scholarship recipients give back to their communities?
A By volunteering in local projects
B By paying back the scholarship funds
C By conducting research on regional issues
D By organizing cultural events
Answer: A By volunteering in local projects
Question: What is the minimum GPA requirement for NDDC Fisheries Scholarship applicants?
D There is no GPA requirement
Answer: B 2.5
Question: How often are NDDC Scholarship recipients required to provide progress reports?
Answer: C Annually
Question: Can NDDC Fisheries Scholarship recipients change their field of study during the scholarship period?
A Yes, at any time
B No, it’s not allowed
C Only with special permission
D Only if they repay the scholarship funds
Answer: B No, it’s not allowed
Question: What is the NDDC’s primary source of funding for scholarships and projects?
A Government grants
B Donations from foreign countries
C Revenue from oil and gas operations
D Private foundations
Answer: C Revenue from oil and gas operations
Question: How are NDDC Scholarship funds disbursed to recipients?
A Directly to their bank accounts
B Through a check in the mail
C In cash during a ceremony
D By a local government representative
Answer: A Directly to their bank accounts
Question: What is the deadline for NDDC Fisheries Scholarship applications each year?
A June 30th
B December 31st
C Varies each year
D There is no specific deadline
Answer: C Varies each year
Question: What role does the NDDC play in environmental conservation in the Niger Delta region?
A None, it focuses solely on education
B It supports reforestation projects
C It promotes industrialization without regard to the environment
D It funds wildlife preservation initiatives
Answer: B It supports reforestation projects