NDDC Scholarship Past Questions And Answers – Computer Science
Updated nddc Scholarship Computer Science Test Past Questions and Answer will help you prepare faster and smarter for the nddc Scholarship. Got shortlisted with few days or hours left to prepare? this pack will give you the insight you need to ace the tests and improve your chance of passing the test.
NDDC Scholarship Past Questions And Answers – Computer Science
Download the NDDC Scholarship Computer Science Test Past Questions Practice Pack from this page in PDF format. The NDDC Scholarship test past questions pack makes your preparation easier and much better. Featuring questions from previous assessments as well as solutions to these questions.
About NDDC Nigeria
The Niger Delta Development Commission is a federal government agency established by Nigerian president Olusegun Obasanjo in the year 2000 with the sole mandate of developing the oil-rich Niger Delta region of Nigeria.
About The NDDC Scholarship
- The Niger Delta Development Commission (NDDC) Scholarship is a program initiated by the Nigerian government to provide educational opportunities for students from the Niger Delta region. The Niger Delta region is known for its significant oil and gas reserves, but it has also faced numerous socio-economic challenges. One of the ways the government aims to address these challenges is by offering scholarships to qualified students from the region to pursue higher education overseas.
- The amount for the foreign scholarship shall be based on the prevailing exchange rate of the Naira.Current Application Closing Date is 3rd November, 2023.
- 1.The following documents must be attached to the application:
2.Recent passport photograph
3.Local Government Identification Letter
4.Post Graduate admission letter from a recognized overseas university
Relevant degrees from recognized universities
5.NYSC Discharge/Exemption Certificate
6.Upon successful completion of the application form, a registration number will be automatically assigned.
7.Applicants are advised to print a hard copy of the online-generated acknowledgment for future reference.
8.All shortlisted applicants will be announced and posted on the NDDC website: www.nddc.gov.ng. These shortlisted candidates will subsequently be required to take part in a Computer-Based Test (CBT).
To be eligible for the scholarship, a scholar must hail from the Niger Delta Region and have achieved a First Class Degree, Second Class Upper, or Lower Division.
The Selection Process
- 1. Initial Application: Interested candidates must submit an online application via the Commission’s Website.
2. Preliminary Shortlisting: Candidates will be shortlisted based on the following criteria:
3. Undergraduate Degree classification (1st Class, Second Class Upper/Lower)
4. Local Government Identification
5. Computer-Based Test: Shortlisted candidates will undergo a computer-based test conducted by our consultants in Rivers State.
6. Minimum Test Score: Candidates must achieve a minimum score of 70% in the test to proceed to the next stage.
7. Further Shortlisting: Candidates who successfully pass the test will be further shortlisted.
8. Final Verification: The final verification of the candidates will be done through the Local Government Area (LGA) and Community Development Committee (CDC).
About the NDDC Scholarship test format
NDDC overseas scholarship test was conducted by Cinfores-Ltd, between 2010 and 2015. Since 2016, the tests are now conducted by MEIL (MARG Educational International Limited).
The test usually comprises of 2 sections –
1. General questions which everyone will have to sit, and
2. Discipline-based questions.
For example, candidates in Engineering and Science related disciplines could take a mix of science-based questions like maths, English, physics and chemistry for part 1, then discipline-specific questions for part 2. The test usually last between 30 to 60 minutes.
Sample Past Questions And Answers for NDDC Scholarship – Computer Science
Question 1: What does CPU stand for in computer science?
A Central Processing Unit
B Computer Personal Unit
C Central Program Unit
D Central Power Unit
Answer: A Central Processing Unit
Question 2: In computer programming, what does the acronym “HTML” stand for?
A Hyper Transfer Markup Language
B High-Level Text Markup Language
C Hyperlink and Text Markup Language
D Hypertext Markup Language
Answer: D Hypertext Markup Language
Question 3: Which programming language is often used for developing Android mobile applications?
Answer: C Java
Question 4: What is the term for a computer program or algorithm that can learn from and make predictions or decisions based on data?
D Machine Learning
Answer: D Machine Learning
Question 5: In computer networks, what does “LAN” stand for?
A Local Area Network
B Large Area Network
C Long Access Network
D Linker and Adapter Network
Answer: A Local Area Network
Question 6: Which data structure follows the Last-In, First-Out (LIFO) principle?
C Linked List
Answer: B Stack
Question 7: What is the purpose of an operating system in a computer?
A Managing hardware resources
B Providing internet connectivity
C Creating web applications
D Designing user interfaces
Answer: A Managing hardware resources
Question 8: In computer science, what does the acronym “URL” stand for?
A Uniform Resource Locator
B Universal Recording Language
C Unique Reference Link
D User-Related Language
Answer: A Uniform Resource Locator
Question 9: Which programming language is often used for web development and is known for its simplicity and ease of learning?
Question 10: What is the term for a malicious software program that can replicate itself and spread to other computers or devices?
Answer: B Virus
Question 11: Which sorting algorithm has an average time complexity of O(n log n) and is often used for sorting large datasets?
A Bubble Sort
B Quick Sort
C Insertion Sort
D Selection Sort
Answer: B Quick Sort
Question 12: What does “GUI” stand for in computer science?
A Graphic User Interface
B General User Instruction
C Graphical Utility Interface
D Global User Interaction
Answer: A Graphic User Interface
Question 13: In computer science, what does “HTTP” stand for?
A Hyper Transfer Text Protocol
B Hypertext Transfer Protocol
C High-Level Text Transmission Protocol
D Hypertext Text Transfer Protocol
Correct Answer: B Hypertext Transfer Protocol
Question 14: Which data structure allows for efficient retrieval of data using a key-value pair system?
C Linked List
D Hash Table
Answer: D Hash Table
Question 15: Which programming language is often used for data analysis and scientific computing due to its rich ecosystem of libraries and packages?
Answer: B. R
Question 16: In computer science, what does “CPU Cache” refer to?
A A storage unit for backup files
B A temporary storage area for frequently accessed data
C A type of processor used in mobile devices
D A network protocol for file sharing
Answer: B A temporary storage area for frequently accessed data
Question 17: Which data structure follows the First-In, First-Out (FIFO) principle?
Answer: B Queue
Question 18: What is the term for a program or device that protects a network from unauthorized access while allowing legitimate traffic to pass through?
Answer: C Firewall
Question 19: Which programming language is often used for system-level programming, including operating systems and device drivers?
Answer: B C++
Question 20: What does “SQL” stand for in the context of database management?
A Simple Query Language
B Structured Query Language
C Server Query Language
D Systematic Query Language
Answer: B Structured Query Language